The Art of Gardening


A little insight into my love for gardening and garden themed crafts... 

Gardening is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, keep fit and be creative. For me, the outdoors provides a sort of open canvas to experiment with colour, shape and texture as I grow plants ranging from edibles to those that attract bees, birds and insects.


I’m not sure how my interest in gardening started, but I recall as a child visiting my grandparent’s house and being fascinated by their vegetable plot. I would help dig up potatoes, and was bemused by a rubber snake they kept in their fruit bushes to deter birds. Best of all was going on slug safari to capture slimy plant-crunching creatures.

Later, as an adult, I loved two things: being outdoors and being creative. That is how my interest in gardening began to sprout.

Read more by clicking here.

Comments